A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
There are two main kinds of cookies: “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies. Session cookies only last for the duration of users using the website and are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies outlast user sessions and remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
Cookies on this Website
We use EU Cookie Law on this website.
- To recognise your computer when you visit our website;
- To improve the website’s usability;
- To administer this website.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, a cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Third Party Cookies
We do not use third party cookies.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies.
How can I manage my cookies on Dataincuk.com?
If you wish to stop accepting cookies, you can do so through the Privacy Settings option in your browser.
Personal Data Collection
Data Inc may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this websites (which may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, referral source, entry page, exit page, length of visit, number of page views, route taken through this website, and similar information);
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters; and
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
Using Personal Data
Personal information submitted to us via this website will be used for the purposes specified in this privacy statement or in relevant parts of the website.
We may use your personal data to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you general non-marketing commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email and you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications; and
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website within 48 hours
Personal Data Security
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Data Inc confirms that your data will be held securely and for no longer than is necessary for our purpose. Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website will be protected by encryption technology. Data Inc shall comply with all the requirements of GDPR in respect of your Personal Data.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password except when you log in to the website.
When you upload your CV or apply for a job, you are giving consent that Data Inc (UK) Limited
can hold your personal data and communicate with you on further job opportunities by whatever
means of communication.
You can withdraw this consent at any time, view what data we store relating to you, or make changes to your contact preferences by emailing email@example.com
We may disclose information about you to any of our employees, officers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes as set out in this privacy statement.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this privacy statement, we will not provide your information to third parties.
GDPR and Cross-border Data Transfers
From time to time Data Inc will obtain access to certain Personal Information. Data Inc will implement and maintain commercially reasonable policies and procedures that are designed to protect against unauthorized access to or use of Personal Information. Personal Information will be controlled and processed, including any transmission and processing of such data outside the jurisdiction governing any agreement between us in accordance with applicable law. Data Inc only transfers personal data to Affiliates that have executed a data transfer agreement containing the EU model clauses. Data Inc will comply in all material respects with applicable law to its provision of Personal Information and will implement and maintain appropriate measures in order to comply to the extent required with such law with regard to Personal Information.
In accordance with the above Personal Information that Data Inc collects may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate to enable the use of the information in accordance with this privacy statement.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available around the world.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of a fee; and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time.
Privacy Statement Update
We may update this privacy statement from time-to-time by posting a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes.
We may also notify you of changes to our privacy statement by email.
The website contains links to other websites that are not under the control of and are not maintained by Data Inc (UK) Limited. We are not responsible for the content or reliability of the linked websites. Data Inc provides these links for your convenience only but does not endorse the material on these sites.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or our treatment of your personal information, please write to us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to 4 Winnersh Fields, Gazelle Close, Winnersh, Berkshire, RG41 5QS.